Brown's agent

[the other] Mark wrote:

One more thing... for Mark P., on Kedrick's agent: The only thing the
Celtics got in return for their guarantee was the promise that Kedrick
wouldn't work out for other teams. That's it. The Celts were afraid that if
he worked out for other teams, Kedrick would zoom up the charts and get
snatched in the top nine picks. (We should have been so lucky!) Remember,
they were convinced that he was top-three talent (just like Johnson, Blount
and Sundov!). But there never was any promise from the agent to steer anyone
else here. That has to go down as one of the dumbest draft moves of all
I know there was no actual promise with the agent vis-a-vis future players -- i would assume that that would be a violation somehow of the CBA -- but it's like players taking a one year deal with the "understandign" they'll make more when the team has their Bird Rights.

I know teams have signed minor FA's as a "favor" to agents to help their chances with future FA's. i don't know if that ever works, but I'm just curious who Brown's agent is and who else he represents.

Of course with Wallace in Portland (ha ha!) next year the agent won't care. Though the way our luck has been over the past decade, the agent will steer Jermaine O'Neal or Michael Finley to the Blazers.

Also where did this "Wallace promised Parker they'd draft him" thing come from? I guess I had just never heard that.

I'm also starting to agree with folks about Claxton not being a starting PG -- but I think the best bet for the C's is to get a veteran starting PG and let Delk come off the bench. Failing that, draft a PG, let Bremer start and brink Delk off the bench. I hope Ainge can convince Obie of this.

mark