Re:Another opening another show?

According to RealGM, this trade doesn't work, although I'm not sure how our trade exception might work.  It would work if you added in Fred Hoiberg, who has an expiring contract and could be cut.

Incidentally, I would not do the trade, because I feel we would be giving up too much for some bench malcontents and an injury risk (Fizer).  Nonetheless, I'm pleased that Eggy came up with an interesting proposal that could work under the cap.

****dave

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:35:52 EDT Eggcentric@AOL.com wrote:

Okay, so Chicago wants to trade PG Jay Williams and their #7 draft pick.
But who would they be willing to take in return?

Would Walker, Brown, and our two first-rounders make them happy?

PROPOSAL:

We trade-

PF Antoine Walker: $13,500,000
SF Kedrick Brown: $1,757,640
#16 draft pick: $0
#20 draft pick: $0
Total salary: $15,257,640

We receive-

PG Jay Williams: $3,710,880
PF Marcus Fizer:  $3,726,994
SF Eddie Robinson: $6,246,960
#7 draft pick: $0 (Center Chris Kaman?)
Total $ 13,684,834

Assuming the math works, this trade would allow Chicago to add Toine
to their starting five while ridding themselves of bench malcontents
Williams, Fizer, and the overpaid Robinson.  It would give them a solid
starting lineup of Walker, Chandler, Curry, Rose, and Crawford,
plus draftees #16 and #20.  Not bad.

Such a trade would also give us a starting lineup of PF Fizer, EWill,
Battie, Pierce, and PG Jay Williams, plus the #7 pick (Center Kaman?)
and SF Eddie Robinson to implement our bench. It would also subtract
$1,572,806 from our cap.

Such a trade would seemingly strengthen each team, and isn't that
what realistic trades are all about?

Egg