Re: All the King's Men- Washington Post

--- You wrote:
It was difficult to point to a single event in Chicago that
triggered Collins's subservience, but several people in the Bulls organization
remembered a closed-doors intrasquad scrimmage during the 1987-88 season when
Jordan began complaining that Collins, the scorekeeper, had deprived his team
of
points. No, the score's right, said Collins. Like hell it is, the young star
yelled back.

Jordan stormed out of the practice and did not return, an enfant terrible
moment rivaling anything Kwame Brown has ever done. That evening, aboard a
plane
ready to take them to Indianapolis, the Bulls sat shocked, aware that Jordan
had not shown up. About a minute before the plane departed, Jordan appeared
and
coolly walked past Collins without even acknowledging him. "Nothing was the
same after that," Brad Sellers, then a Bull, said years later. "The guys knew
who had control."
--- end of quote ---

Thanks Tam, great article. I wonder if we'll ever find out when and how Toine
broke Obie? Perhaps he didn't even need to, if Obie went Ahmad Rashad on Toine
from the get-go, having learned from Pitino's experience? Maybe Egg's "Deep
Throat" can be of help here?
Anyway, that's why Toine needs a coach like Jackson or Riley. Bird or Red also
would do, if they were still coaching. I wish someone wrote a tell-all book or
at least article about the present Celtics...
Kestas