Some Celtic draft musings

I saw a short stint of Pavel Podkolzine's workout yesterday on ESPN. This guy
is no George Muresan as some people have compared him to his. He is quite
fluid and decent speed for his size. His weight is well proportioned over his
body and would gain extra weight and muscle under a NBA program. He looked raw
offensively but the guy is huge. From the short stint is saw and the lack of big
men available, I think he goes top five and certainly top 10. We won't have a
chance in getting him....

I think NBAdraft.net's present draft order does an excellent job of putting
together most of the stuff we have heard from Chad Ford, Andy Katz and the rest
of the crew and gets people in the general value level. However, I think
Pavel will move up as stated above and I think Collison will move down to the 20s.

What stands out in that mock draft is that there is a slew of point guards
taken from the 11 through 17 picks (four of them). That doesn't include the now
famous Banks character. It seems likely that either Hinrich, Gaines, Ridnour
or Barbosa would be available to us at 16. Is Banks better than all of these
guys? He does have a sweet shooting percentage.

What I like is that Sofoklis Schortsanitis would be available to us at 16 per
this draft. This Baby Shaq is only 18 and huge. He is the kind of guy you
take a gamble on for the big payoff. You then take your promise deal of Banks at
the 20. If Sofoklis isn't available at 16, you take Purple Hayes or if he also
isn't available, you take Pavlovic. Sadly, if Sofoklis or Hayes isn't
available, it would mean both Ridnour and Barbosa (or a Gaines but I bet he has a
promise deal with Orlando) were available at 16 and that makes our promise kind
of dumb unless we really think Banks is the real deal (Is he a Bobby Jackson or
a Tim Hardaway).

Fabio, have you seen Sofoklis play? Is there any chance that he will pull out?

The other thing that stands out to me is that that there seems to be a talent
tier break after the 18 player mark, or at least guys I can get excited
about. Both Varejao and Pavlovic are marginable to me. I guess I could be
satisified with either but not particularly excited. I see Collison as the 20th player
and I'm not excited about that but we may be putting Banks in that spot.

I would seem a true waste if we agreed to take Banks at 16 when we could have
just have well gotten them to agree to be taken at 20 and we lose a chance to
get Hayes or Sofoklis.....

DJessen33

DJessen33