Re: early view of consensus

It seems tempting this year, but that almost never benefits the team trading
down. If they don't like the choices at 20, I'd rather they try to trade it
for a future first-rounder.

It's very, very rare when the team that trades down does better than the
team trading up, when it's a swap of draft picks. Jersey has done better so
far in the trade that netted them Jefferson, Collins and Armstrong, but
Eddie Griffin still could turn out to be the best player in the bunch. Time
will tell. But most of the time, the team trading up wins those trades.

Mark

Gene wrote:

I like the idea of swapping the #20 for two second-rounders, contingent, of
course, on who's still on the board at #20.  I would like us to have the
choice.