Contrasting Info On Banks

This article contrasts with the other Banks article - says he
has workouts scheduled and pulled hip muscle. Who do you believe?

Thursday, June 05, 2003
Copyright ) Las Vegas Review-Journal

Ex-Rebel Banks set for NBA auditions

Point guard to miss Chicago camp, but he will have private workouts with
several teams

By STEVE CARP
REVIEW-JOURNAL

If Marcus Banks gets selected in the June 26 NBA Draft, it probably will
be because of his private auditions.

Banks is not participating in this week's predraft camp in Chicago. A
pulled hip muscle has sidelined the former UNLV point guard the past
week, and NBA Director of Scouting Marty Blake told Banks to stay home.

Banks did not participate in the Portsmouth (Va.) Invitational predraft
camp in April, either, opting to save himself for Chicago. Now, he will
be evaluated predominantly on how he plays at individual team workouts.

"There's a bunch of teams that really like Marcus," said Mike Higgins,
Banks' agent. "He's already worked out for the Celtics and the Lakers,
and there's 14 other teams we have scheduled to see in the next 20 days.
We want to make sure he's healthy so he can show his best."