Re: Ainge plans Baker's recipe for success

VIN BAKER

To be or not to be ... that is the question.  Well at least it should be the
question, but apparently the Celts feel its answer a fait accompli.

    < Ainge is looking forward to getting a close-up view of the
    32-year-old big man, who has been undergoing outpatient rehab
    in Connecticut. He plans to work him out as soon as his schedule
    allows.

    ``I'll see him after the draft, unless I can find some time before
    then,'' Ainge said. > - Bulpett

How casual of our ''sincere''  Danny to finally visit Vin after the draft.
Wouldn't you think that Ainge's upcoming drafting/trading strategy might
at least be a teeny bit dependent on whether or not he will be able to
count on Baker as a factor this coming season?   The truth is that if
Baker stumbles onto the right elixirs to balance his Id vs. Ego, receives
a psyche transplant, a six-month AA medallion, and becomes a buffed
beauty under the guidance of his umpteenth personal trainer,  no one will
be more surprised than the present Celts brass.

What's to worry when we can always just re-sign Mark Blount... you know,
that big guy who we had a secret plan in signing, releasing for nothing,
and then reacquiring through trade. Papile said it best a year ago:

    < Mark's big-man skills are equal to us drafting a top-three
    pick in this year's lottery.>  - Papile

WORK PRODUCT

< ``I'm not sure what's going to happen with that,'' Ainge said. ``He's
(Wallace) giving me all the information he has (in preparation for the
draft), but I know he's still in the running for some jobs. He's talking
to Portland and he's exploring that opportunity, so who knows?'' . . .>
- Ainge

Who knows?  Certainly not Grousbeck or Pagliuca from the way they
have handled Wallace's silent demotion. Should Wallace sign with
another team prior to the draft, what are Boston's rights in relation
to Wallace's work product?  If a scientist for Merck goes to work for
Pfizer, is he able to carry his Merck sponsored research with him?

Eggy