Re: '01 draft revisited and O'Brien's culpability

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tammo29@AOL.com>

> My point was that O'Brien was just as responsible for the Forte pick as
> anyone else, not more so, but just as.
> All the media pundits in Boston want to blame Red.  But O'Brien was a fan
of
> Forte's before the draft, on the record,  and was more than thrilled with
the
> pick after the draft, on the record, even though they had Parker listed as
the
> best point guard on the board and he was still available, on the record,
the
> trio of Wallace, O'Brien and Papile thought that Forte was the better
player
> and the better fit for the Celtics, on the record, even going so far as to
call
> it a "match made in heaven".
> So where's the reach?
>

> TAM

Listen...my pets...why can't we all be more like George Bush. Forget the
past and just move on. Tammo, Steve, Gene, Eggy, Eggy's sources....everybody
has a valid point and everybody's making good arguments. But it's all in the
past. We'll never know what really happened back in those dark days before
Danny Ainge. It's all shiny and new now. We all know that Danny's in charge
of moving and acquiring players. We all know that Antoine is gone this
summer - there's no way he's bringing both AW and JO back. We all know he's
acquiring a playmaker and a big man who can rebound and has traditional pf /
inside scoring skills. It's all good with Danny. So please...all my little
daffodils should be in bloom now. It's springtime for us Celtic fans.

Paul M.