Twan will opt out?

Celtic related stuff from today's Alridge chat. Key info here is that he
thinks Twan will opt out after this year. If that is truth, it would be a tough
dilemma to decide if you should trade him now and get something for him or just
let him walk and take the cap help. With EWill also expiring, it would put us
right around the cap limit of 43 million or a little under it. All that really
does it let us us the full exception. Big deal. The best anyone got out of
that this year is Kandiman and Howard, guys we could have signed anyways if we
could have attracted them. There is also the sign and trade but as evidenced by
Indy with Miller and Detroit with Hill, you don't get much back in those
deals.

The Trade Twan stuff seems to have died down and most of the other guys that
were also on the block have been traded. Yet, they say the silent ones are the
killers. Maybe there still is something out there. However, all evidence
indicates that Danny plans on going with what he gots for this year...

DJessen33

Rod, Detroit, MI`: Besides Kevin Garnett, who are the top potential free
agents in 2004? Also, might it be too early to ask you to predict what potentially
will happen with these free agents?

>David Aldridge: The top free agents, in no particular order: Kobe (says he'll
opt out), Rasheed Wallace, Antoine Walker (has an opt out, and I think he'll
use it), Vlade Divac, Keon Clark, Bones Barry, Antonio McDyess, Jamaal
Magliore, Toni Kukoc, Adonal Foyle. Among the restricted free agents would be Jamal
Crawford, Darius Miles, Quentin Richardson and Kenyon Martin.

Chris in NH: David, what impact do you think Marcus Banks will have this
season? Can he make the Celtics a running team?

>David Aldridge: Marcus looked really good running the team in the summer
league. Now, I know summer leagues are traditionally guard dominant, but he looked
strong, decisive and quick. I think he'll be the starter at the point when
the season begins. Looks like a real good pickup for Boston.

andrew (warwick,Ri): Do you think the celtics will start Kedrick Brown, Eric
Williams, or Jumaine Jones at SF?

>David Aldridge: I think Eric Williams, Andrew. He's been a solid defensive
player over the years and he knows what O'Brien wants. Kedrick has just been too
inconsistent and I can't see Jumaine being able to step in right away.