Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] IR

"In a message dated 7/31/2003 9:46:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rltjr33@xxxxxxxxx writes: When Brown and Battie inevitably go on the IR, that'll be a pretty nice taxi squad. -Rob"

If I remember correctly Battie only went on IR once (if at all) last year because of the fact they didn't want him to miss a mandatory number of games (tendonitis is always a day to day ailment). If OB is smart, he uses the Belichick method that the best practice players month to month get to dress. Does that mean I want to see Perkins starting this year if he tears up practice? Probably not (he'd have to be a FREAK), but I also don't want him "stashed" all year and unavailable to get limited PT in those 50 point blowouts (of which we had too many last year). However, pragmatism states we'll have a couple minor injuries this year that will be legitimate and rotate the IR a bit as the year goes by naturally without our "manipulating" it.