Kedrick

GuyClinch wrote: >>Last year Kedrick didn't play cause
he couldn't hit the wide open three.

Kedrick shot 8-20 (40%) on treys in the summer league.
You can argue that a lot of summer league stats are
meaningless, but this one should have some sticking
power - if you can hit a long shot, you can hit a long
shot. Granted, when the big boys are playing there
will be better defenders in Kedrick's face, but with
his quickness and elevation he should be able to get
his shot off a lot of the time. Considering the guy
has only hit 12 percent of his threes (and taken just
66) in his two-year career, I'll be disappointed if he
doesn't show the ability to keep that weapon in his
arsenal when the games count. Maybe having Jones
around will motivate him to try even harder, because
now Kedrick isn't the only sick-athletic swingman on
the team.

Like Josh, I would love to see a lineup of Banks,
Brown, Jones and Walter running up and down the court
from time to time, though I'd put Battie in there
instead of Hunter. That unit won't score in the
halfcourt, but if they can get to the boards and let
Marcus spark the break, they could be a lot of fun in
spurts.

(Of course, what we'll actually see is Banks, Pierce,
Williams, Antoine and Battie walking the ball up half
the time. But at least now we have the personnel to
really mix the tempo.)

One last thought: the Herald reported that Jumaine's
deal is for "approximately $4.1 million over three
years." That seems eminently reasonable and won't
stick the team if they decide to make other moves.
Nice work.