Fwd: Re: Trade News

This the post that I sent last night. A lot of the same things have been said since, but what the heck, here it is.

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:56:50 -0400
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
From: Kestas <kkv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Trade News

At 05:20 PM 7/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
WBZ radio just reported that the Cs are sending Sundov, JR (sign and trade) and a 2nd round pick to Cleveland for I think Jumaine Jones. Sorry, I'm sure about the outgoing but on the incoming heard them say front court help and didn't fully catch the name for sure

I like this trade as well. It accomplishes several things at once for us and probably helps both teams. I've always thought that Jumaine Jones is a good player. He has good size and athleticism, is young (24) but already seasoned (this will be his 5th year in the league), and his production increased along with the minutes. He's a pretty good rebounder for an SF (averaged 6 rpg in '01-'02, and can shoot the three pretty well (.35). Besides, you gotta love a guy who plays ping pong and whose favorite course in college was statistics :).
Whether Ainge has a plan or not, he's not doing too badly so far. At least the bench is going to be a lot stronger this season, with Hunter, Jones, Delk playing his proper role, and maybe even an occasional contribution from Perkins. I also have a hunch that Mike James will do at least as well as Bremer. One question, though, is what is this going to do to Kedrick's minutes? Jumaine Jones is a lot further along as an NBA player, so Obie would probably be inclined to play him in lieu of Kedrick. Of course, we don't know whether Kedrick could even beat out EWill and Waltuh at this point. Another question, now that Sundov is gone, is who's going to be the token white guy? Maybe they'll sign equipment manager John Connor for the minimum - they say he can shoot the three better than anyone on the team :)
Kestas