bench

I'm optimistic about our bench.  Part of that is the uncertainty of who might be starting.  I would do it this way:  at point, I would start Banks in two out of three games; let him know the rotation is to teach him the position, the players, situations, etc.  Let James start the third game.  If he has the potential to blossom a bit, then we can find out.  Plus, he certainly will get some prime time minutes; use him.  At two, Pierce.  Delk should be the back-up and get minutes when Pierce is playing the three role.  Perhaps some minutes at point for Delk.

At small forward, I would interchange Brown, Jones, Williams.  Give them the chance to prove themselves.  Use Williams at some PF as needed.  At PF, Walker.  Use Hunter off the bench and give him serious minutes, not 5 or 6.  This is the stud that could change the complexion of our team--as much underneath as Banks might out front.  Where Walker might do this or that better, Hunter will do the boards and get some putbacks.

At center, Battie with Blount to back him up.  Baker should get his chance and Perkins, when not on IR, needs to play.  Who's left out?  McCarty.  I don't see that we need him at all; but he will get minutes from O'Brien.

So, our bench is improved with Jones, Hunter and perhaps an improved Baker.  I'm leaning toward that NBA pass thingy.  Cheers, Gene