contract length not a coincidence

We've already seen that Danny is willing to play hardball, as we wave
goodbye to Travis Best before he can jilt the C's once more.  I think he
very specifically set the contract lengths so that in three years--if not
sooner--he can say, "For anyone who works hard and runs hard, we'll have
the money to pay you.  If you don't play, we don't pay and goodbye."  He
can also look to make any major player signing needed by then.

It'll be a clear sign to all.  You have this much time to play like you
want to be here when your contract is up for renewal.  He won't need to
worry about who he can trade, he'll just hold the door as they leave while
he signs new players, should these not work out.  Remember, Danny knows
what it's like to play hard for Boston and end up traded.  He wants to win,
and no matter how much Tommy loves Waltah, if Danny could have done better
trading than signing, Waltah would be somewhere else right now.

It's probably going to be a very nervous time for some C's players, right
up until the day after the trade deadline.  :>))

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle