Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Rookies find their summer groove

You won't get slammed by me. I said that both Kansas guys were going to be busts (nothing more than servicable interchangable parts) and I stand by that.

From: PScottman@xxxxxxx
To: Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Rookies find their summer groove
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:54:37 -0400

Can I use a "Ray-anism" and say I am SO glad (at least from Summer League) that we didn't pick up Hinrich in the draft? I know A LOT of people around here wanted the guy pre-draft, but after summer league I still hold by my contention that he's a SG type, not a PG, and now it's also being seen that a lack of quickness may also hurt him defensively and in getting his own shot.

I'm sure I'll get slammed for making such statements, but that's just my opinion in watching the guy - it has nothing to do with Kansas, Pierce or anything else (as it shouldn't BTW). I didn't really want Barbosa either because I figured he was too far away and we needed help at the PG now to name another example.