Not good timing for Anderson

<A HREF="http://www.slamonline.com/links/";>http://www.slamonline.com/links/</A>

Before we get into stuff today, and there's a lot of stuff, I wanted to touch
on one quick thing: If heaven is anything like an enormous NBA arena, let's
hope Tami Anderson gets really bad seats. You know who Tami Anderson is, right?
That's right, <A HREF="http://www.mtv.com/onair/realworld/archive/then_flipbook/images/then_rw2_7.jpg";>Tami</A> from the "Real World" season two in L.A. Tami was the girl
who got in a pushing match with David the anal-retentive ironer, then accused
David of rape and had him kicked out of the house after he tugged on a
blanket she had wrapped around her.

What does any of this have to do with basketball? Last night on ESPN's
hard-hitting news show "Outside the Lines," Tami Anderson was one of their featured
guests. Turns out the Anderson in her name used to belong to Kenny "Mr.
Chibbs" Anderson. They're apparently divorced now, so Tami goes around talking about
how horrible it was to be married to a pro athlete. As Tami said -- and I'm
paraphrasing here -- "I wasn't prepared for the relationship being on such a
huge stage." Number one, it's not like she lived EVERY MINUTE OF HER LIFE ON
CAMERA FOR SIX MONTHS by her own choice. Number two, it's not like she was
married to Kobe Bryant or Shaq -- it was freaking Kenny Anderson, who's played on
three teams in the last twelve months and could probably sit down and eat in the
McDonald's on 23rd Street without anyone bothering him.

Anyway, as Tami told The Jeremy Schaap Robot -- and as Russ presciently noted
this morning, "It doesn't get much worse than Jeremy Schaap" -- her marriage
was so miserable and scarred her so badly that she's written a screenplay
about being an NBA wife. Thanks for playing, Tami. See you on the next "Real
World" reunion.

** I don't know if anyone else saw this or if they watched the Outside the
Lines episode that the ex- Mrs Anderson appeared on.
The one thing that Tami Anderson said that wasn't mentioned here and was
glossed over very quickly by Schaap is that their relationship was "abusive".  Did
she mean physically abusive?  Mentally?  She never had the chance to say.  It
looked to me like Schaap couldn't get her to stop talking fast enough.
Not good timing for Kenny.

TAM