Re: I like Kenny!

I'll vote against Kenny with both hands.  Here's why:

--- Douglas342@xxxxxxx wrote:
>    Given the choice between spending the same money
> on Anderson or Best, give
> my vote to Anderson.
>    1.  If he takes whatever money is offered, we
> know money isn't a huge
> problem.

A wash.  Best will come for the minimum or not at all;
neither guy is in a position to demand much.

>    2.  He knows Obie's system and actually worked
> quite well in it for a
> year.

More's the shame!  Kenny fit right in with Obie
because he a stand-still point guard who can't run a
fast break to save his life.  No wonder he played well
under Obie!  If DA is serious about fast breaking,
Kenny will have to learn how to do it along with
everybody else.

>    3.  He knows and evidently worked well with
> PaulNToine.

He worked well -- yeah, especially when he and Antoine
were yelling at each other for the ball.  Anyway, what
minimum wage player DOESN'T get along with a team's
two top stars?

>    4.  I think I recall PaulNToine saying basically
> nice things about him and
> his role on the floor, although I recall little of
> what was said about him in
> the locker room.  (Which, I understand, is where
> Walter and EWill get a lot
> of their value.)

They liked his role on the floor because it
essentially didn't exist, other than to get them open
three point looks.  He was OK in the locker room but
basically a cynic and an asshole.

And all this is beside the point.  Kenny was
physically shot two years ago.  He couldn't be counted
on the hit an open 14-footer; and he couldn't beat any
good defenders off the dribble.  His defense was OK at
best.

Best, on the other hand, still has jets, is a good
shooter, knows how to motor, and has (unlike Kenny)
performed very well under playoff pressure, besides
being faster and stronger and younger.  If all you
want from a PG is tricky dribbling, just hire one of
the guys from the And 1 tape and plan on standing
around.

Josh