Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:50:39 -0400
From: "Josh Ozersky" <jozersky1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: scuttlebutt

Here's a little scuttlebutt that won't be in
the column.  A source close to the team
told me that Vin Baker was not the heaviest
drinker on the team.  Make of that what you
will; I have my own surmises.  That's all he
told me.

josh

My wife works for Historic Deerfield in Western MA and as such has pretty close contact with a lot of Deerfield Academy rumors - the only one vis a vis the Celtics came from a female alumni of DA now at BC that sees one of the Cs stars socially downtown quite often (in the "extended posse" if you will) and that said star was a "very heavy binge drinker" (and wasn't Vin Baker).

Because I don't want a libel or slander suit brought against me I won't name names, but I'm pretty sure Josh's scuttlebutt is true as this lady from DA is a pretty reliable source.