Cooke thoughts...I can guess why we waited.

> Everyone knows what Hunter and Banks can do but the unknown came out
> tonight...Why we waited till the last game to start Lenny is beyond me
> because he is
> a player...After a rebound and put back a guy who never heard of Lenny said
> we
> should add this guy. I in turn said its funny, he reminds me of a young
> Reggie Lewis out there and he felt I hit it right on the nose...If anyone
> saw
> Reggies Last game , that is pretty much how Lenny played tonight...

Cooke can certainly play...nearly Kedrick quality athlete who is a good
scorer and can rebound and pass some. BUT...

The reasons that I have heard he didn't play is because he was having a hard
time in practice. He hasn't played that much organized ball and has trouble
performing as part of a team. He doesn't get the plays or understand the
terminology that well. He isn't a professional, he is a streetballer.

This is the rap that he got last year with seattle. Remember he was in
Seattle camp.. that's also why he was cut from the NBDL. I wouldn't count on DA
signing him.

Now summer league is pretty fun, but its damn close to streetball if you
watch the games. It's a bit more professional, and they try to run some plays and
implement a basic defense.. But by and large streetball... I think Lenny would
have probably won MVP if he played.

Likewise its not surprising Kedrick did well there..his game is raw too.
Though OB says he actually has a pretty good basketball I.Q. Of course he says the
same thing about Walker..so who knows.

Truth is tons of guys who can play don't make it in the NBA. The NBA is not a
collection of the most talented players.. Its talented players who can be
part of a team basketball and act like professionals.

Pete