Re: a question no one in Colorado seems to be asking

At 04:35 PM 7/19/03 -0400, Shawn Niles wrote:

>Thats going overboard Snoop. There are a lot of jobs in this country where
>people are required to work alone. There's some level of maturity that is
>expected of people that are old enough to work. However, this girl knew
>probably knew what she was doing by going into the room. The question is
>whether or not she changed her mind about it once she got in there, and
>whether or not Kobe allowed her to.
>
>Chaperones for pizza delivery people too? They work alone too, after all.

Don't laugh.  There were changes to pizza delivery after a few drivers were
assaulted and killed.

After I wrote my original posts, I heard on the news that the woman
allegedly went to Kobe's room after her shift was over--which conflicts
with reports that she was going to his room in an official capacity.  I
know there's a certain maturity level required.  I just don't think that
the *average* 19-year-old has that maturity.  For all I know, she's the
most responsible kid in Colorado.

I don't, however, think that it's often a good idea for people to work
alone--say in convenience stores, hotels, and any place where you have
face-to-face customer contact.  I've done customer contact work, and I know
for a personal fact there's some seemingly nice people out there who are
really around the bend.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle