Flexibility...

I think part of the reason why the C's didn't plan to use the mid level
exception is because they are currently the only team in basketball with
three max contract players.

I think Ainge's strategy is to wait a year and see what he has in this
team.  I still see the Celtics making the playoffs this year, barring
a major injury to Pierce or Walker.  Then, NEXT offseason he'll be able to
wheel and deal.  He'll be able to move Walker easily; he'll have the mid
level exception (which he wouldn't have if he used it this year); and with
a huge stroke of luck maybe V. Baker will decide to pack it in.

Speaking of the Baker trade...

GLSweatt@xxxxxxx wrote:

> And Wallace still defends the trade!!!!!

There's one guy who agrees 100% with Chris Wallace:  Lou Gorman.  Gorman
still defends the Bagwell-for-Anderson trade to this day.  I wonder if
Gorman and Wallace ever get together to talk about what great trades they
made.

Michael