Re: Celts-Spurs

>>Only later, upon reading the box score, did I find out that a lot of the
guys I wanted to see - like Kendrick - were injured. NBATV's announcers couldn't
be bothered to tell us that. >>

They did mention Kendrick had what they called a sprained foot.  It was just
one quick mention though.  You must have missed it.

>>But they did tell us that the Celtics have re-signed Corey (sic!) Blount
and that Bruno was a rookie last year (hard to blame them for that impression,
though).>>

I caught those too.  I think some guys are destined to be called by the wrong
name.  Sort of like how everyone always makes the mistake of calling Drew
Gooden "Dwight", no matter how hard they try not to.

>>Looking forward to seeing the whole game tonight - DirecTV changed NBATV's
channel, so I missed the first quarter while trying to figure out what
happened to Ch. 720. For those of you who have DirecTV and don't know it yet, it's
now on Ch. 601 (apologize to those who can't get it at all!).
Kestas >>

Yes, it was nice of DTV to inform us of the move.  I had the same problem
last week when I wanted to watch one of the LA summer league games.
I thought I was going to have to go through the hell of actually trying to
talk to someone at DTV.  It always seems to end the same way.  After holding on
line for what seems like an eternity then going through a series of questions,
turning the receiver off, turning it back on, unplugging it, plugging it back
in, trying different stations, etc., they decide they can't help you and you
need to talk to a technician.  After being transferred and holding on line for
another eternity they decide you need a new program card which will have to
be mailed.  You bitch and moan and get them to send it overnight delivery.
Then you get the card the next day and have to call to get it activated, going
through the whole phone process all over again.
If your lucky the new card works (which hasn't always the case in my
experience).

I love my Direct TV but they have to have the worst customer service in
creation.

TAM