Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Mitch Lawrence Article on AW trade possibilities.

>>Mitch, Mitch, Mitch!  Now you went an did it. Don't you realize you are
bursting the bubbles of a whole bunch of C's fans with that dead on
analysis?

CeltsSteve>>

  Dead on analysis?  Please.  This guy is all over the place.  First he talks
about how undersized the Knicks are and that adding an undersized power
forward who likes to play under the rim in Sweetney isn't going to help them.  Does
he realize that Antoine isn't any bigger than Sweetney? If they get rid of
Thomas who do they have left to play under the rim?  Antoine?  That doesn't
sound like his plan.  Read on.

He talks about how much Antoine can help them in the frontcourt, but then
says he wants him to play point forward and run the team.  Hello? You can't have
it both ways.  Has he watched the Celtics at all?  We have found that out the
hard way.

What I see is Antoine playing on the perimeter, big guys Lampe and Doleac
playing on the perimeter, Houston playing on the perimeter, and what's left after
the trade of either Shannon Anderson, Howard Eisley, Frank Williams or
Charlie Ward, also all playing on the perimeter.  Assuming Thomas is gone, as the
writer does, that leaves Sweetney, your undersized 4 playing under the basket
with another undersized 4 Clarence Weatherspoon and the ever intimidating Travis
Knight.
The only other size you have left is Harrington.

Does that lineup scare you?
How about defensivley?  Teams all over the NBA would be licking their chops.

I won't even get into the Walker/ Martin thing.

But the rest makes me wonder if the writer even watched the Celtics/Nets
series.
Jefferson didn't even guard Pierce.  That was left mainly to Kittles.
But he certainly never did it on his own.  The fact that Martin didn't need
any help on defense, there wasn't another single player on the Celtics that
ever commanded a double team and Bremer was a no show made it possible to double
Pierce constantly, no matter where he was on the floor.
He still averaged 29 points, 9 rebounds,  8 assists and 2 1/2 steals.  I'd
say that's pretty dominating.

TAM