AP item on the Globe web site

 BOSTON (AP) The Boston Celtics re-signed backup
center Mark Blount to a multiyear contract on
Wednesday.

''He provided us great energy last year in games and
in practice, and gave us quality shot blocking and
rebounding,'' said Danny Ainge, the Celtics head of
basketball operations. ''We feel that Mark is still
improving as a player.''

(Note it doesn't say how much dough Blount's getting.
I'm sure it's the vet's minimum for, what, 3 years?)

--------

The same site also has this item, for fans of
erstwhile Pitino-era Celtics:

The Toronto Raptors signed a pair of free agents,
Jerome Moiso of New Orleans and Milt Palacio of
Cleveland. Moiso will be a backup on the front line
behind Antonio Davis, Jerome Williams and Chris Bosh,
while Palacio will play behind Alvin Williams at point
guard.