RE: Brandon Hunter

At 10:57 AM 7/13/2003 -0700, John Lyell wrote:
Rodman was what 6'7" and led the league in rebounding several years. Adrian
Dantley was about 6'5" or less and averaged over 10 a game. Let's see what
he can do. I would be willing to bet he can give us more inside than Sundov
& Blount

Sigh. John - I haven't played PF or center since after high school when the boys finally got their growth spurts to pass me (about 5'10"), have a highly gimpy foot and too many years, and **I** could offer more inside than Sundov. Including making them regret it a lot more when they tried to knock me over and/or of their way. Although I think you underrate the new, honestly improved Blount, who isn't a rebounding fool by any means but offers other things.

That being said, I absolutely agree that height is only one thing to look at. With Sundov an example of just how little it can mean.
Kim