Re: Brandon Hunter

----- Original Message -----
From: JB <jimmetz@xxxxxxx>

> > On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 02:05  AM, GuyClinch@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >> Its a mistake to write this guy off because he is "too short". If he
> >> can do
> >> the things on the court..that is what matters. AI is like 5'10"..and
> >> he can
> >> play shooting guard.
> >>
> >> Pete

Nobody knows what's going to happen to Hunter. The guy was a 56th pick and
Eggy's right in her assessment as is Kim - I think it was Kim - when she
writes that the team simply might be trying to sign a better player. Nobody
really knows what's going on behind the scenes. I just want to add a few
things to JB's post. As always, JB, a brilliant post but:

> > What bothers me is the coach writing the kid off the roster, AND DANNY
AINGE ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN for any reason, other than he hasn't got the
talent.

> > On the one hand, O'Brien tells us the kid has the goods, will
> > probably light up summer league, but DANNY AINGE needs to send him to
Europe,
> > because the owners will only allow 13 roster spots.

> > DANNY AINGE SHOULD CONVINCE the owners to pony up the
> > cash to sign him. If not, DANNY AINGE NEEDS to address the
rebounding/toughness
> > situation in another way, as well as the dire need for a second point
> > guard.

> > This summer WITH DANNY AINGE IN CONTROL is starting out, too much like
last.

> > There are some very good players out there, available, for the
> > minimum. DANNY AINGE NEEDS TO GET them quickly before they are gone.

I don't assume the kid's been written off the roster. I assume nothing. I've
never seen him play. I only know what I read. I read...and I learn.

Paul M.