Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: Bad news for Isaiah haters...

Why?  Because after Thomas' abysmal record, I fully expected to hear the
Rick Carlisle was unpacking his bags while the Head Coach's office was
being cleaned out.  I was surprised not to hear an unequivocal statement
that Thomas was gone as soon as he could leave town.  Not out of anything
personal between Bird and Thomas, but because when you come down to it,
Thomas botched the job in Indiana.

Even more surprising seems to be that Jermaine O'Neal may actually get
re-signed with the Pacers after screwing up nearly as badly as Thomas
himself, though yes, I know nothing is official until there's a signature
on paper.

Maybe Bird is trying his hand at diplomacy.  Or maybe he's just waiting
until the players are signed before dropping Thomas.