Re: Bad news for Isaiah haters...

At 09:39 PM 7/11/2003 -0400, Snoopy the Celtics Beagle wrote:
I just heard an audio clip of Bird on Thomas, stating "I want him as a
coach.  I just hope he's willing to stay here."

Rats!

Why?
"The check is in the mail" and I will never understand why people (general comment, Snoop, not saying you're all worked up - it's one of my vast herd of pet peeves) get all worked up about non-specific public statements by people who realize what a public statement means. Notice he doesn't say an unequivocal Isaiah is my coach, my choice for coach, under contract, etc etc. Nothing concrete. Nor does he say anything about under what terms he hopes Isaiah is **willing** to stay - seems to me there's something going on there or why would willing even be an issue.

Kim