The News Today Makes Me Sick

- Deep down, admit it. You know it, I know it.  The position Bird has
with
Indiana should have been with the Celtics. And Bird of course would have

drafted Lampe -  Sorry, couldn't resist.

- The Nets are kicking butt with their offseason acquisitions. The
return of
Kidd, a halfway decent Mourning, a promising combo PG in Planinic,
and perhaps Nenad Krstic, compared to Divac, showing up too.
Both the Lakers and Nets have done a nice job this offseason.

- Perhaps the Nets maneuvers will spur Wyc, Steve, and Danny to grab
what's left of the quality free agents. Go after Brand in a dramatic
three team deal or some such daring move, as I suspect that Detroit will

try to counter NJ's move by signing Coleman or such, and Orlando
seems willing to use the full exception too.

- And here's all you really need to know: Unless Ainge makes a Big Time
quality move or two, the Celtics have little chance of beating out New
Jersey
and Detroit in the next three years.
Ray