The Lakers

This is either going to go very well or very badly for the Lakers.  They are
NOT going to lose in the conference finals.  I think they'll make the
playoffs pretty much no matter what, but either they lose there, or win the
title.  It all comes down to how well they gel, and whether or not Malone's
got enough left in the tank.  Oh, and if Shaq's knees and feet aren't really
made of Wrigley's at this point.  If Shaq starts the season 20 pounds
lighter and completely healthy, Karl's not a complete stiff, and Payton can
distribute the ball to all three (with Kobe as the third) with enough
frequency to keep grumbling to a minimum, then damn, they look good.  Those
are, however, three very big ifs, and all of these guys need to sit
SOMETIMES, and their bench is, shall we say, lacking.  Walter might be a
good pickup for them, if he'd be willing to take one more cheaper year in
exchange for getting a ring.  Yeesh.  This just stinks if you're a Celts
fan.  Banks, Perkins, and Hunter BETTER all contribute, at least a fair bit,
this year.  I'm still hoping they can find somebody on the free agent market
to help out.  You know, the type of guy who's neither too expensive nor too
old, but makes you say, "Hmm, I hadn't even considered him!  How'd we get
him to sign for that?"  Yeah, right...

Fred