Re: Walker

I'm not comparing Walker to Pierce; I'm comparing the level and degree of
criticism to Walker's game to the level and degree of criticism (or total
lack
thereof) of Pierce's game as <A
HREF="mailto:pdelevett@xxxxxxxxx";;>pdelevett@xxxxxxxxx</A> did. I'm not
defending the
weakness of Walker's game, either. That would be silly. His weaknesses are
what
they are and have been well documented/chronicled.

Steve

Fair enough.

I have issues with Pierce's game also.  He can be a sloppy ball handler for
example.  He telegraphs his "go to" spin move as well.  He gambles on
defense too often putting him in foul trouble early in the game, when he
shouldn't be to tired to move his feet. However I do see progress each year
in his skill set and I have confidence in the former C's and HOF players
that say he may be the best scorer in C's history.  That does count for
something when you continue to see progress each year in his game.

He has been with the team/in the league less time (5 years) then T-Mac (6
years) and Kobe (7 years) and mentioned along with them.  He has already
passed by many former all star SG's Eddie Jones (9 years) who are still
relatively young.  I feel his upside still has room to go.  He was #1 in
points, #1 in rebounds, #2 in assists last year for the C's while playing 39
min. a game.  (Walker shared these honors as #2, #2, #1, respectively in 42
Min.)

So yes, he has areas where he needs to continue to build his skill sets.  He
needs to take time off from almost being stabbed to death or playing for the
Olympic team in the off season(s) and build up his stamina.  He needs the
team to find a scorer who will draw a double team down low and extend the
floor and get an enforcer to keep him from being beat up.  (He gets to the
line because he is fouled so often.  We need someone to hard foul their best
player to get a truce called.)

I just don't see the weaknesses in his game as terrible as you do I guess.
I don't believe he draws as much criticism because he doesn't deserve as
much.

I guess that is why we have these lists.  So people can share their
opinions.

<Jim