From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Way Of The Ray
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 12:08 PM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Gene, We Have To Be Merciless In Our Evaluation Of Ainge

Gene,
Ainge has a big reputation, is making lots of money, and is operating
in Sports-fuled Boston, where the expectations and fervor are at a
different level than elsewhere in the country. There is no patience,
and shouldn't be, not for the amount of lucre that these teams are
charging for ticket prices, among the highest in the land.

I don't want to hear about "almosts" like Malone for Ainge. I want to
see completions.

I don't want to see Ainge preach his hate for the Celtics system and
then extend the
coach that has implimented such a system.

I don't want to see questionable draft choices.

I do like the Lenny Cooke thing and hope he makes the team and is a
success story.
Although Cooke seems more like a Wallace type of move.

And I welcome a Walker trade.
Ray