Re: Berry/Walker

pdelevett@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> You've got to admit you're not quite being objective, especially when
> Pierce turns the ball over more than Walker, takes more shots and plays nearly as
> many minutes while posting fairly crappy shooting percentages from the floor
> and arc. I'd never denigrate Pierce's accomplishments or value, and he's
> unquestionably a more  efficient scorer than Antoine,
> but why would you overlook Paul's shortcomings and not his running
> partner's?

The same question that many of have been asking for some time, Pete. Pierce
gets a total free pass from the Boston media in terms of criticism while
Antoine is often crucified for his shortcomings.

I've said this many times in the past and it bears repeating: Pierce walks on
water while Antoine is the regarded as the bastard stepchild. A definite
double standard exists when it comes to the two even though the Antoine bashers
will insist that is not so. Yet the same fans who vilify Antoine as a general
rule rarely, if ever, acknowledge Pierce's shortcomings.  (I'm not directing
that last comment specifically to Mark, either.) Go figure.

Steve