Walker Trade

> I think Walker has proven he is willing to back Pierce as a player and
> O'Brien as coach.  Let's give the team a chance with the new ownership
> before launching Walker into the hinterlands.

Ainge has denied the deal. This whole leak sprung from the NY Daily News..
While Ainge and Scott might have thrown some names about...I doubt it was
"serious".

On the plus side I heard we would be getting a 1st round pick (2005) ...
Thats the kind of thing they would have to do to entice me if I was DA. Maybe
throw in Lampe too with cash for his buyout.

KT is not compensation for Twan. Forget stats, we all know KT is a scrub. He
isn't half the player Tony Battie is.  Plus KT is older then Twan. Thats
another strike against the guy.

There is some value in just holding on to Twan. His contract will run
out..and he is more talented then the players will would get back in return. He just
needs to play a more limited role offensively.

When his contract runs out we could either bid a little more then the next
guy or use the room to sign another FA right?

Pete