NBA games and the League Pass

Ok, I finally got some info--after calls to the cable company, the NBA, the
Celtics, and some guy names Murray who felt left out.

The NBA is "officially" launching their "NBAtv" channel as of a couple of
weeks ago.  They've separated it from the rest of the League Pass--and that
includes whatever games ALSO end up on the new channel.  If YOUR
cable/satellite provider no longer gets--or never had--the NBA.tv channel,
with the commentary, game updates, classic games, etc; then you WON'T get
any games on that new channel.

That includes TWO Celtics games in February.

The NBA is in negotiations with various providers to try to get on their
lineups independently of the League Pass lineups, but there's only been two
takers so far.

I called my provider and explained to them that since we'd been required to
pay up front for all the games--excluding ONLY regional blackout, ABC, TNT,
ESPN and ESPN2--either I wanted them to provide the channel, at no further
cost (until next season, anyway); or compensate me for decreasing the value
of what I bought with no prior warning and no choice.

They tried to pass the buck to "InDemand", but I pointed out that I was
paying THEM.  if they wanted to get it back, let THEM call
"InDemand".  After consulting with a manager, they agreed that since
there'd been no prior notice (you know, such as:"after date X, we will no
longer have this..."), and it WAS a devaluation of the value, they owed
me.  I got 50% off the total cost of the Pass credited to my account.

I encourage anyone who finds themselves locked into this mess by the
greed--and stupidity--of the NBA to call your provider and let them know
what you expect.  Personally, I'd rather have the games, but short of that,
it will make it easier on my cable bill next month.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the
<http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html>Celtics
Beagle <http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html>website