Last night

The Celtics missed an opportunity to climb back to .600
(and 9-games over .500 for the first time since before
Christmas). They will need a Friday win to finish their
third straight month with a winning record (they are
currently 7-7, after a 1-5 start).

But I think Antoine Walker has to proceed with caution,
given that Friday and Saturday are a back-to-back with
travel in between.

Boston did a good job of boxing out, but then they fail
to get the missed Ben Wallace FT with 15 seconds left and
a 1-point deficit.

Although I don't recall all of Ben Wallace's 7 blocked
shots, I did see two called fouls that were clean blocks
on the replay.

Boston has four more games before the All Star break, but
it will be very tough to get to 30 wins by then.

Although the game last night was close because of the
Detroit FT choke-fest, the Celtics have a lot of mistakes
to address before Friday.

Just 14 assists (6 by Pierce), 16 turnovers and .389
shooting isn't going to cut it. Boston only forced 10
turnovers on five steals.

Assuming the Celtics don't outrebound Detroit by 17 again
on Friday, they'll have to do a lot better job in other
areas.

Boston got 1 point in 39 minutes out of Grant Long and
Vin Baker, so Antoine Walker's eventual return is bound
to provide a boost.

Ditto for Tony Delk, in light of Shammond's zero shot
attempts in 16 minutes. It scared the heck out of me,
seeing Obie put Shammond on Rip Hamilton during crunch
time.

But all I care about is their health during a 7-game
series, not right now.

BTW I think the only reason Shammond is playing is to
potentially shop him. Some scout had to be there
watching. It makes no sense otherwise. Bear in mind he
was out there with Bremer part of the time, when SG is
not a position where we are shorthanded.

I barely trust Shammond to bring the ball past midcourt,
much less get Boston's offense running. Somewhere along
the line, his confidence in his dribble completely
deserted him.

Joe H.

p.s. Regarding last night's FoxNE scoreboard, I remember
past games this year where the Fox scorekeeper actually
seemed slow in updating the score after baskets. Maybe it
wasn't the FoxNE guy (I watch on league pass, so its all
a blur), but I distinctly remember this in several games.
Last night was truly weird. Maybe the satelite feed was
delayed a split-second or something, since the score
would update before the ball touched net.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?