Brown's playing time

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> > ''Kedrick works
> > diligently on every area of the game,'' O'Brien
said. ''Every time the
> > ball leaves his hand I expect it to go in.''

Kedrick's 3-point shooting mechanics still look scary. I
don't think anyone on the team is surprised that they
airball. I don't know what to believe in the papers. Can
this guy shoot straight?

But at least he was at ease dribbling the ball against
Orlando. That was the first time I've seen that. He did a
defensive rebound and coast-to-coast runner that went in.
Let's face it, who would have expected an Antoine/Magic
move like that out of him?

Kedrick went directly to his dribble on two other
occasions at least, including running out the last
seconds of the game. Nothing great but I was starting to
worry about any dribbling aptitude whatsoever, so I'll
take that as a hopeful sign.

This was still not a productive weekend offensively for
the Celtics' Wallflower Boy. He didn't see the ball much
and missed his open standstill shots.

One of these games he'll put all the skills together
(rebounding, dribbling and his alleged shooting). The
fact that he is finally dribbling the ball without self-
consciousness is the basis of all good things, if it can
continue.

The big issue is who did the least in their audition
opportunity replacing Antoine's minutes? Delk is sure to
return soon too, adding to the numbers crunch.

Kedrick could get voted off the island, because of how
Walt played (well). Kedrick wasn't one of the better role
players this weekend.

But Baker played even worse, while Grant Long did some
amazing things in only his third game back (touch pass,
up fake, solid rebounding).

I think both kind of blew their playing time auditions
this weekend. Bremer also came down to earth a bit.

One thing I barely noticed at all this weekend was boxing
out. The Celtics should box out on 3-point attempts no
matter how far away from the hoop, instead of running to
the basket. We wouldn't have lost so many long boards if
people had stayed put and near their man.

Offensive rebounding kept two opponents close that had no
business being within 10 points of Boston, the way they
were shooting. Boston arguably played against the two
worst starting lineups (because of roster depletion) that
they've faced all season long. They might not have won
had Pierce not been the best player in the NBA over the
past week.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?