Rogers and Forte News

Nets place F Rogers on IL, activate G Armstrong

January 22, 2003
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) - The New Jersey Nets, in the middle of
a five-game road trip, placed forward Rodney Rogers on the injured list
Tuesday and activated guard Brandon Armstrong.

Forte declines to accept move to injured list

By TIM KORTE, AP Sports Writer
January 21, 2003
SEATTLE (AP) -- Seattle SuperSonics reserve guard Joseph Forte feels he
spent enough time on the injured list last season.

He doesn't want to go back now.

Forte said Tuesday he declined a request by Sonics management to go on the
injured list earlier this month, saying he didn't believe a sore ankle was
serious enough to warrant the move.

``It's not insubordination,'' Forte said. ``I have a choice and they
understand it. They can't antagonize me every day.''