Re: Bremer's night

I like your thinking, Joe. Shammond and Bruno might
well prove enticing to Indiana, and I sure wouldn't
mind seeing Mercer coming off Boston's bench. Indy
would love to move his contract, as well as Croshere's
(amazing to see that those two guys take up a quarter
of Indy's cap!!). If Rick Pitino were still alive,
he'd find a way to do the Croshere deal, even if that
meant doing something stupid like moving Battie. But
cap constraints being what they are, it would take a
third team getting involved to land either of those
players here.

I've been a big Jeff Foster fan for a long time. He
isn't getting much PT behind Indy's stable of other
bigs, but he's been among the league leaders in
per-minute rebounding and shot-blocking for the past
few years. He'd sure curb our reliance on Vinny,
Tony's balky knee and the elderly Mr. Long.

I do think we should all take a deep breath about
Bremer. He's started, what, 5 games? As somebody
noted, every single team passed on him in the draft
despite his being one of the top 5 collegiate scorers;
there are reasons for that. Don't forget, in November
Shammond was averaging double figures and shooting
better than 40% on threes and we thought we had a
find. JR could well be the next Griffin, Johnson or -
here's one for you - Miracle Milt Palacio. Remember
preseason of 2001, when the Globe was falling all over
itself to proclaim Mark Blount our probable starter?

All that being said, Bremer has given us an
alternative to Shammond, who we should try to move if
it brings us an asset.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com