Re: Kedrick

****

Folks like to bash Wallace and Papile here..but I think that both Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown will have very succesfull and long NBA careers.. Whether Kedrick will stay on the Celtics....I don't know.
****

Being a GM requires more than just recognizing talent - it also involves putting that talent together in a way that works. Even if you give them the first part (which I still think they dont deserve), the second still is there.

Where was the PG in the draft - did they not recognize Tinsley or Parker? Did it take a genius to take JJ when he slid that far?

GuyClinch@AOL.com wrote:

Look, I hope he keeps it up. If he can get 10 garbage points a game and play
good defense, he'll help. But just because he had a career-high game a year
and a half into his career, and that career high is 14 points, doesn't mean
he has "arrived."

Whatever...
Stats aren't everything....

Most folks can see the Kedrick can play..its just a matter of time before he breaks out even bigger then that. He was on his way to a big game last year too..before he inured his ankle. Seeing how he was a junior college player one would expect him to really arrive next year..
But he will throw down 20+ sooner or later. It doesn't matter how long he has been around..its how many minutes he has been getting. He was injured much of last year and this year, and OB never played him much. He had a double double in his only start of the season. That's not to shabby.

Folks like to bash Wallace and Papile here..but I think that both Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown will have very succesfull and long NBA careers.. Whether Kedrick will stay on the Celtics....I don't know.

Truth is OB doesn't really like talented players who "coast" thats why he unloaded JJ and why sometimes he is sour on Kedrick. He wants these guys to work hard. Thats why he loves E. Williams because he always hustles and maximizes his limited ability. Personally I would just start Kedrick...all the time.

Thats why Phoenix is doing with J.J and the guy is starting to turn it on. JJ is a very smooth and skilled player...but Kedrick is more athletic. Both should be fine..

Pete