B2B weekend

Its hard to deny this turned into the biggest weekend of
the season for Boston. You had two opponents coming in
with a combined 11 game win streak. One was the number
one seed in the East, the other had won seven straight
over Boston at home.

Boston had a 50-assist weekend (with 91 rebounds), which
is pretty basketball. Indiana is blowing up opponents
inside (and in transition), but we dominated them at what
they were best at.

This was also gut check "Celtics Pride" basketball.

Boston somehow overcame a 19-2 run mostly in the fourth
by Indiana, and an 11-0 run in the 4Q by Milwaukee. And
we won without Tony Battie and also Delk, easily the
third and fourth best players on the team, with a big
dropoff after that.

The weekend results shows you can never jump off the
bandwagon with these guys.

Boston is actually one win away from climbing back to a
48-win pace, two straight wins from getting ahead of last
year's ECF team. Considering how we've struggled, that's
something positive.

The next job is to pull out an over .500 month in
January, the toughest month on the 2002-03 schedule
(although February is tough too). Boston has not had a
sub-.500 month this season. We are 4-5 now in January,
with six games left, after a 1-5 start. They've got to
keep on fighting like dogs to the All Star break.

I wish games like tonight were a lock, but nothing can
come easy for Boston this year talent-wise, as we
continually struggle to find ways to win. NBA teams like
Philly still look awesome on paper, but Boston has
separated itself from the main chase group by being
mentally stronger up to this point. Go Celts!

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?