jucos, patience, even JJ

What an interesting season!  We're doing ok with our terrible bench and disfunctional offense, etc.  (Tam, that was me you quoted on the jc players).  I agree with the flow of your argument, but would suspect that juco all-americans are often statistical leaders with one-dimensional games.  The two players we have at Purdue were first or second team regional choices, but played within a team concept and lacked big numbers.  For what it's worth, Booker, the big pf, might have a shot because he combines a quick, 6'10" rebounder's body--about 255--with smooth shooting touch.  Those guys aren't plentiful.  Well, we don't have one.

I still lament our handling of our draftees.  JJ is emerging nicely in his second year (and is surrounded by absolute stars in Phoenix--what a team!)  Kedrick could help a lot as a 12/5 sub with defensive ability.  Let him keep trying.  It's not like Eric W. or Walter are worthy of 30 plus minutes.  And Bremer, well, we didn't suspect he would be a key to keeping us from falling through the floor.

Contemplate this roster:  Battie, Walker, Pierce, Johnson, Bremer.  Then, Kenny, Kedrick, Songaila, Forte, E. Will, and whomever.   Start whomever you wish, but I contend we would be better by drafting and holding than by trading around.  But, like educational administrators have to keep generating new programs to justify their existence, gms seem to have to tinker needlessly with the roster. Gene