progress

I'm concerned about the apparent Delk injury, but last
night was a basket from being the best win of the season.

Had we won, let's face it, we'd be jubilant, end of
discussion...no finger-pointing. Stephen Jackson misses
that three, it would be the best comeback win of the year
for Boston.

We got beat by a perfect Tim Duncan pass down the stretch
(brilliant catch by Robinson too). And Jackson's three
also was an amazing make. How often do people take, much
less hit contested three-pointers like that? He squeezed
it off between two defenders.

Otherwise the game was a hard fought and methodical
Boston come back. Everyone boxed out well too.

Our offense could stand to improve tonight, in order to
remove the margin of error. I think Walker/Pierce had
five assists combined. That won't get it done.

But it was still close.

This was again a night where the Walker boxscore was
better than his actual play. Right now he's neither a
power forward nor a point forward. H

He's just a guy who looks to outscore people, but can't
do it efficiently with his chuck-and-duck "no look"
shooting mechanics.

And at some point (if not this season than in future
years) Paul Pierce will be a 40% shooter on treys again
like last year. Right now his misses aren't even close to
going in. If he is named an All Star, it will be off his
reputation.

I've seen Walker pass and create far better than his
nearest forward rivals (Garnett etc.). I've seen Pierce
back when he was a great shooter, in addition to all the
other talents he has.

The captains can both play a LOT better. But if they
perform even 5% better, that will be a win on many nights.

Despite everything, last night was still a close call for
Spurs. A Celtics win would have felt earned, that's how
good it was.

Obviously its not helpful to snowball a tough loss any
more than necessary. I felt terrible to, initially.

If the players think about last night at all, they should
think of it mainly as progress. As for the captains, they
need to focus better and be leaders again, if we want to
turn this season around.

Joe H.

p.s. Have you ever seen a block like Kedrick's highlight
number on Tim Duncan? Brown got so high that he blocked
it straight down onto the 7-footer.

I hope this kid figures it all out eventually. He looked
fine out there I thought. More confident with each game,
and that's the biggest thing with a kid like that.

Some have described Kedrick as clueless in terms of court
sense, but its not quite that exactly. Its more like he's
risk averse. He doesn't often do stupid things out there,
like other Celtics players would have done at his age.
He's role playing for this team. You'd never sense this
guy averaged 4 assists or well over 20 points, at any
level of the game.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?