re: Where's Vin

From :dajubo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

4th quarter of the debacle and Vin has not played. Could we be so
lucky as to have a trade in the works? With our recent fortunes,
probably not.
Brent "Ain't He Dead, Yet?" Musberger mentioned that Obie told ESPN before the game that, because Vinnie matched up so terribly against Dirk, that he wouldn't play. There was speculation that this meant only while Dirk was actually *in* the game, but of course it was proved that merely having Dirk in the building meant Vinnie shouldn't bother suiting up.

I'm one of those people on the list urging patience and a long-term attitude when it comes to Vin Baker. Yet this obviously begs the question, "is this the same guy we're paying a max salary to?" Obviously, it is. Not a good sign that he's not ready to play. I realize it's against Dirk Nowitski, and he creates matchup problems for anybody and this is probably an isolated incident, but still... . With owners ready to spend, it'd be sad to be hampered with a Vin Baker that won't improve.

Bird