Mark....Re: The Fiesta Bowl

>P.S. I just have to say something. Most of the long-timers know I live in
>Columbus, Ohio. I'm an Ohio State grad, OSU football season-ticket holder
>>and huge fan-the Buckeyes and Celtics are my two sporting passions. I'm
just
>>giddy right now. I was at the Fiesta Bowl Friday night and I'm still riding
>>high. -Mark

  Believe it or not, my husband (whose name is also Mark) and two sons were
there too.  Unfortunately, they were not quite as happy with the outcome as
you are.
My older son has been a Miami fan since he was about 8 years old. That's
thirteen years now.  Don't ask me how that happened.  My younger son is a
Michigan fan.  I obviously went wrong somewhere ( ;
Anyway, my husband told my son before last season that if they made it to the
Championship game he would take him as a Christmas gift.  They had such a
great time last year that they had to go again this year.  And since it was
in Tempe, where Mark has a cousin that is a golf pro, they made it a
football/golf vacation/trip.

  I know how you are feeling and I'm happy for you.  I got to experience that
feeling twice in my life.  In 1974 when the Flyers won the Stanley Cup ( I
was just 16 at the time.  The Flyers were my life and the city of
Philadelphia just went crazy!)  and then again in 1988 when I watched from
the top of Kemper Arena in Kansas City as the Kansas Jayhawks won the
National Championship.
There is no better feeling in the world for a true fan that lives and dies
with their team.
If the Celtics ever do make it back to the finals, you can bet your last
dollar that I will be there to experience the thrill again.
Congratulations!

TAM