RE: Instead, we have Vin Baker...

I agree that "The New Guy's"  will wait to off season before making any
major move with current management.  This sale moved pretty quickly and
quietly once they agreed to pony up what Bird's group, or any other group,
wouldn't/couldn't.

They didn't have time to have an assembled front office in the wings.  Now
with the expansion team soliciting talent for it's front office it may take
a year or two for them to find who they want in an "out-of-contract"
position as well as taking the time for them to learn who that may even be.
It's not like any of them bring Pro Sports management skills to the
ownership.  Give them time to learn what they need to learn.

As far as Bird coming back to work with The New Guy's:

The Tuna has potentially shown that he will accept an owner being in
ultimate control.  Would Bird do that?  How would The New Guy's ever fire
Bird if he double crossed them?  I just can't see them taking the risk of
bringing Bird in.

<Jim