Whizz First Half

Well, from the looks of the first half, the C's practices recently have been fruitful. The first two plays were guys getting the ball going to the hoop. Of course, there were periods where they sort of forgot that as a team. But Shammond Williams looks like he knows when to shoot and when to pass, Vinnie's playing quite well, and the team D looks solid so far. Let's hope they can win this one, and use the momentum to have a good road trip.

Oh, and Jerry Stackhouse is apparently confused as to what league he plays in. What the hell was that? That wasn't a basketball play at all. The Pierce T I can see, because you always get a T for pushing a guy after a play, but Obie's? Huh? What's a coach supposed to do? Scream "Thank you sir, may he have another?" We need an enforcer for Obie to use. If he'd use him. I'm sorry, but in sports, when a guy tries to take one of your guys out, you do the same to him or one of his guys. That's the name of that tune. Bottom line, you win the game, sure, but someone's got to pay the piper. That, and you need to show that you just won't be walked all over. Right now, we're disturbingly wussy-ish.

Oh, and Obie played nine guys by the end of the first minute of the second half. Liking that. I hope it results in more rest for Walkerpierce. We can ill-afford it, sometimes, but long-term it makes sense. Oh, and get Paul Pierce some pads, willya?

Bird