Re: Eagle Tribune: Time For Larry Legend

From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Finally!!! I can't believe it took this long for someone in the media to say
this. Please, please let the new owners be paying attention.
Yes. No doubt the powerful Lawrence Eagle Tribune lobby will spur Wyc & Co. to fire the guy they've publicly stated is their man, in order to bring aboard a man who wouldn't want the job, because he'd have to report to a committee of investment bankers.

Larry doesn't want to be GM. He wants to be President. He's want to run the team without a lot of possible interference.

And probably Wyc & Co. would prefer to make their own mark. If they can be successful without Larry, they probably see that as better than success with him.

While I'd love to see Larry Bird return in some major capacity to the organization, it's going to take more than just another Wallace-bashing article. FWIW, isn't Bill Simmons "in the media"? Lol, as if there's some dearth of Wallace-bashing, Larry Bird-pipe-dreaming articles. Ya can't swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Bird