If Mikki Moore is the answer.....

From: Tammo29@xxxxxxx

* Then I don't want to know the question!
I watched Moore (pronounced Mike-e not Mickey) play under Danny Nee at
Nebraska and then with Detroit and was never impressed. He's never been
physical. He is so skinny he makes Battie look like the incredible hulk and,
unless he's improved dramatically in the last two years, he can't hit
anything outside 4 feet from the basket. He'll get you a few blocks, maybe
even a few rebounds, and he can dunk. That's it.
To compare him to Battie talent wise is ridiculous.
I just can't believe Mikki Moore is the best this group could come up with.
I don't know, Moore sounds better than the other folks that were mentioned in the papers. He impressed me (in a reserve sort of role) when he played against us in Detroit. He's not a cure-all, but he's an athletic seven-footer we don't have to worry about drifting to the perimeter and taking threes.

It's not ridiculous to compare him to Battie. i ca compare myself to Battie -- not *that's* ridiculous. All the article quoted Wallace as saying was that he's similar to Battie in that he's long and athletic, can block shots, but isn't physical. That sounds about right. I certainly don't expect Wallace to come out and say how much he thinks Moore sucks, that might be counterproductive. What worries me is that Moore may not work out, and thus Grant Long become our guy. And then you have the whole question of a respirator, his full-time, nurse, nappy-time during games, and all the other things a man of his advanced age needs.

This might be a decent signing. Wonder if Obie'll pay him? Because if he's getting minutes behind W, then hey, it might as well be me they signed, for all the good it'd do.

Bird