No Boards, means lottery

I have written this time and time again, Our BIGGEST problem is we can't, we
won't REBOUND. This argument over acquiring a point guard is  so bogus. The
best point guard won't help much unless you can get him the ball. If we don't
acquire a rebounder some where, someone who can get you 6 - 8 rebounds every
game,every rebound gives  those extra shots either offensively or
defensively.We need those extra shots, or we will be in the lottery this year.
Look how much we have been hurt by just substituting Baker for Vitaly. I agree
that Vitaly was nothing but a career backup, but at least he got rebounds in
the minutes he played. Baker can't rebound because he can't move . He plays 25
minutes and gets 3 rebounds. He is like a statue on the team. We have adequate
team speed with Battie,  Baker slows us down too much. Look at the game when
he is on the court. He is nowhere to be found. If we shoot only 40 % from the
field and can't rebound, how the hell do you win with any consistency.

The Baker trade was a Gaston ordered trade to save  luxury tax, it also set us
back 3-4 years. I for one don't believe for one minute,  that Wallace or Obie
went to Gaston, begging to trade for  Baker.  Who the hell today would take
this stiff off our hands. Look how much better Seattle is without Baker and
Anderson (must think he is better than Payton) is crying  and Vitaly is hurt.

By the way, Walker is head and shoulders the best player on the team. He is
the best rebounder, best passer, and can score. He puts more responsibility on
his shoulders to try and win than anybody. I am very disappointed in Pierce.
His strength is slashing to the basket and getting free throws, but for some
unknown reason when it is crunch time, he insist in shooting those damn
three's, even when his outside shot is not dropping.

I agree that Walker should play much more at Power forward, but he will get
killed without any additional help, especially without Battie, who is our 2nd
best rebounder.

Hart